Harrogate

Sunday, 24 June 2012



























































Well, its been almost a week now since my birthday but I thought I'd write up what I got up to, my husband very kindly treat me to a night away at the Hotel Du Vin in Harrogate, we went up there early afternoon to check in get acquainted with our room then get ready for one of the best and most famous things to do in Harrogate... have afternoon tea at Bettys. As we were going for dinner later that night we decided to just share a tea between two of us and we munched on dainty little sandwiches with delicious fillings such as egg and cress, chicken salad, ham and mustard and salmon. Along with that there were the most perfect little cakes and a light and fluffy scone with Harrogate jam and proper clotted cream, the ultimate T factor! After lunch the heavens decided to open and pour litres of rain down onto us so it totally scuppered my plans to do a bit of vintage shopping but it didn't matter all that much because we had our lovely cosy hotel room to get back to and climb out of our soaking wet clothes awaiting a soak in the totally beautiful roll top bath, I've got to be the owner of one of these eventually!

After a luxurious soak with a drink we got ready for dinner at B.E.D restaurant, I don't really know Harrogate very well so took to Tripadvisor for recommendations on where to eat and this was rated number one for Harrogate which after dining there I can totally see why! It's a totally welcoming restaurant with some quirky features that make your time there really enjoyable, complimentary curly-wurlys with the bill being the best. The food was really yummy, described as 'Modern English with a twist', not fussy at all but well cooked and very 'homely.' For starter I had deep fried wedges of mozzarella with a sweet chilli dip and Phil had salmon and cream cheese with crackers, mains I opted for a chicken breast stuffed with goats cheese, wrapped in parma ham and served with grilled aubergine and tomatoes and Phil got a really delicious honey glazed ham hock with mustard mash (which I helped him finish cos I got food envy haha.) I would definitely eat there again, and recommend it to anyone else looking for somewhere to dine in the area.


We finished the night with another bubble bath and cuddled up in the super king size cloud bed in our dressing gowns, the next morning we had a really amazing breakfast (probably one of the best buffet breakfasts I've ever had!) but I was expecting it to be nice seeing as Hotel Du Vin is the sister hotel of our favourite getaway in Leeds the MalMaison. We then took a drive up to Ripon racecourse to attend the Yorkshire Food Festival where we wandered through the stalls sampling local foods like cheeses, jams, ciders and chocolates. We came away with quite a good bounty of stuff! 

5 comments:

  1. Awwww, it sounds as if you had a lovely weekend! I love visiting Harrogate, and Betty's in particular, their afternoon tea is amazing :)
    I hope you're having a good day :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think anyone who goes to Harrogate HAS to go to Betty's! Specially for the afternoon tea! It's divine! Love your top/dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Harrogate and I haven't been in so long - methinks I need a cheeky re-visit before I shoot off to the other side of the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of food, soaking in the bath and snuggling in bed - sounds like the ideal weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so jealous, this sounds perfect. one day i'll get to experience a boutique hotel - i don't think you'd be able to remove me from that bath though!

    ReplyDelete

Have anything to say? Drop me a comment! I read and appreciate every single one.