Rad Fat Clothes Swap #4

Friday, 18 January 2013








(Some of the photos in this post were taken by the very talented Rebecca read her blog or check out her website.)

This post is like a week late but its nice to re-live the lovely day I had last Saturday at the Leeds Rad Fats Clothes Swap, I've been to a lot of them and this was the first one organised by Lolly and Rebecca who I must say did an amazing job, I've never seen it so busy and the selection of clothing was second to none this time round, we had some very stylish people there donating their unloved clothes and I managed to snap up a few really lovely pieces including:

A blazer from ASOS which I've been wanting to have in my wardrobe for a while now, I think a blazer is a great key item of clothing that adds that extra something to an otherwise plain outfit.
Another ASOS find is the lovely knitted sleeve swing dress that is actually still on the website right now, I was so happy to find this pretty much brand new and for free!!
An amazing fluffy jumper from Primark which actually isn't itchy at all to my total surprise, most 'fluffy' type jumpers annoy me no end but this one is perfect.
A stripey sailor inspired pair of high waisted jersey shorts from Forever21's plus range, I don't own anything from F21 and I was pleased with the fit of these so I will definitely be checking them out in future.
An owl print bodycon dress from Primark which I only just about squeeze mysef into but I'm going to make a few adjustments because I couldn't pass up the lovely print!
I also picked up a striped skater dress which I'm going to show in my Fatshionologie post coming up soon.

So I got a really great haul and it was nice to see everyone rummage together and chat with some of the lovely pepole there. I was very pleased to see pretty much all of the stuff I brought go to new loving homes, I was paticularly exicted to see Rachel pick up the dress I bought at Plus London last year but just haven't had the occasiont to wear. It's nice to know that stuff that was previously lamenting in my wardrobe is now going to be worn and shown off like its supposed to be!

After we were swapped out me and Charlie made a trip around the corner to Chloe's shop Lifes Big Canvas to ogle over the beautiful jewellrey she creates as well as make good use of the 25% discount she very kindly provided. I picked up a pair of dinosaur earrings and a cat shaped cameo necklace, I'll definitely be making another post about these beauties. We then met back at Wharf Chambers to make our way for dinner which was booked at Zizzis, I hadn't eaten all day and was absolutely ravenous by the time my food made its way to the table but needless to say it was absolutely delicious and I absolutely loved the dinner conversation with my fellow fat babes, it was so amazing to be out in a group of like-minded people. Unfortunately I had to shoot off early to get ready for my works Christmas night out (where I proceeded to get very drunk but that's another story altogether!) but I had a really nice day and as usual I'm already looking forward to the next one!

Be sure to check out the Yorkshire Rad Fat Collective for news about more swaps and other amazing fat positive events we organise!


Follow on Twitter @gladragsandbags
Like on Facebook
Read on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you got some cool items and looking forward to seeing some outfit posts from you! :D Thank you for coming and being part of the fab day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks like you all had a great time, I'll need to tag along at the next one. I can't wait to see your buys, the jumper looks lovely and cuddly xx

    ReplyDelete

Have anything to say? Drop me a comment! I read and appreciate every single one.