Coney Island - New York

Wednesday, 8 May 2013













If you're looking for some nostalgic fun to have whilst in the big apple I would highly recommend a trip to Coney Island and specifically the theme park. The subway takes you all the way there and the journey is about 45 minutes in all, but it's definitely worth taking some time out of your schedule to visit, we had an awesome time and I think it was my favourite part of the whole holiday. We rode on Deno's Wonder Wheel which has been around since 1920 and is still in perfect working order, its a pretty unique design... make sure to ride on red or blue carts and you'll get a surprise! Tickets cost $7 for a ride which is a wee bit expensive but worth the money. Afterwards we went for a walk down the boardwalk and picked up Nathans Famous hot dogs for lunch and an ice cream. The sun came out for us on the day we went but it was still a little chilly, I reckon in the warmer months it'd be even better and you could even go for a dip in the sea!

Follow on Twitter @gladragsandbags
Like on Facebook
Read on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I am SO jealous !
    I really wanted to go there when i was in New York a few months ago
    But it was too cold and it wasn't open :(
    Looks like you had a great time !
    Launa xx
    Wowsville

    ReplyDelete

Have anything to say? Drop me a comment! I read and appreciate every single one.