Cullercoats Bike & Kayak.

Monday, 14 April 2014









Last week I was suffering from a severe case of cabin fever, feeling cooped up in my flat I got dressed and went for a walk down to the coast. Once I got there I remembered coming across an exciting new business venture on twitter called Cullercoats Bike & Kayak. It had only been open a week but already seems to be doing pretty well. I hired the beautiful cornflower blue Pashley (you all know my serious commitment to twee.) I haven't been on a bicycle in a few years but the saying that you don't forget how to ride is true, after a wobbly few seconds I found my balance and I was off! Speeding along the coast in style I felt on top of the world. Thanks to advice from the lovely guy who owns the business I headed North (the strong offshore winds would make my return journey much easier) and cycled my way through Whitley Bay. I stopped to check out the newly opened plaza next to the Spanish City and was impressed, I just hope the council continue to invest in the area and return it to its former glory. Back on my wheels I cycled right up to the lighthouse and watched people rock pooling. On my way back I stopped at Delaval Ices and got myself some of the delicious award winning ice cream, it transports me back to my childhood with every mouthful. Although I do feel like a traitor buying from the Whitley Bay branch rather than the original in the little village I grew up in, Seaton Delaval. If you're local or visiting here and fancy a bike ride yourself then I can't recommend Cullercoats Bike & Kayak enough. They even do guided tours for people unfamiliar to the area and have a cosy little snug upstairs serving coffee & cakes to refresh yourself after all the exercise!


2 comments:

  1. As fellow lovers of this coastal area (we live and Whitley Bay), it's nice to see this write up! Our fingers are totally crossed over the Spanish City as it could be so beautiful again. Sitting on the plaza with a flask and soaking up some sun these past couple of weeks has been amazing! Great photos on the CBK post - thanks for helping showcase a great local business and our lovely Bay. And yesh, the beautiful Pashley! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog, so happy I've found yet another North East blog to read, I've given you a little follow and look forward to reading your updates :)


    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Have anything to say? Drop me a comment! I read and appreciate every single one.